Should something go wrong when you’re shipping cargo, the compensation to which you’re entitled is normally calculated against a ‘limited liability clause'.
Under limited liability, damaged or lost cargo is assessed by weight, not value. So in all likelihood, your compensation could be dramatically less than the commercial value of the goods.
Our solution for you
For a competitive premium, DCS CARGO INSURANCE will cover your freight against loss or damage from any external cause. Flexible to meet your needs it can be arranged as follows:
Ad-hoc Insurance Policy: one-off cover for a specific shipment.
Annual Insurance Policy: insures all DCS Global Forwarding shipments over the course of a pre-defined period such as one year.
Our deep knowledge of your freight needs enables us to offer a simplified and easy to handle insurance service in a matter of minutes including:
- An insurance policy designed by our own specialist insurance division
- Competitive rates with no deductibles or excess
- Combined freight and insurance invoicing
We are the largest logistics provider in the world which gives us the scale to offer:
- Exceptional levels of service and pricing for all customers no matter what size
- Single or multiple shipment coverage
- Cover for high risk cargo and worldwide destinations that other companies won’t insure
Through our partnership with a leading global cargo insurance provider, we can offer a best in class claims service:
- We target a maximum 30 day resolution which is much quicker than other insurers
- We already have many of the documents needed to process your claim
- Your claim is handled locally with personnel who speak the local language and can settle in local currency